Have a Happy Pest-Free Christmas from PGM & SON Pest Control Herefordshire!
Well, as 2018 nears an end we thought it would be a fitting time to wish all our customers, supporters and readers a fantastic Christmas and Happy New Year!
However, we can’t resist seeing the year out with some words of advice over the Christmas period for keeping the pests at bay.
Christmas is a time when people put the trials and tribulations of the year behind them, get together with friends and family, huddle up in the warmth and indulge and enjoy themselves, And, we’re no different at PGM & Son Pest Control. We’ll be turning up the fire, enjoying a glass (or two!) of wine and forgetting waist lines as we feast on the treats Christmas has to offer.
But remember this, the cosy fires and Christmas treats we all enjoy are loved as well by our furry rodent friends. As the weather turns colder, they’ll be looking for places to stay warm and for food to forage.
Our top five tips for avoiding sharing your Christmas festivities this year with the rodents are:
1. Make sure you reduce access to food sources – don’t forget to clean up at the end of the night. It’s tempting to go to bed after you’ve had a few glasses but leaving all those crumbs out invites the furry houseguests in.
2. Keep on top of your rubbish and recycling. Don’t wait for the local authority to collect it, particularly as Christmas bin collections may be limited – if your bins are in danger of overflowing, take the excess to the tip or agree to share bin space with neighbours.
3. If you’re someone who likes to feed the birds in the winter months, make sure you keep the area around bird feeders clean. Don’t invite the rodents to share the bird feed – remember rodents will quite happily climb up onto bird feeders to share food.
4. Keep your pet bowls cleared away as soon as Rover or Tiddles has finished. Rodents aren’t fussy about what they eat.
5. Make sure you keep an eye on your property – look for entry points and keep windows and doors closed, drains and pipes clear and covered with rodent proof mesh.
Okay, so we said top 5 tips but we forgot about tip number 6:
6. If you do find you have a rodent problem – give us a call! Call in the professional pest controllers. PGM & Son Pest Control Hereford is open for business over the Christmas period so don’t be worried about a pest control problem. Give us a call or email us and we’ll be happy to help. We offer emergency call outs over the Christmas and New Year period so don’t be afraid to contact us!
Email us at email@example.com or call us on 01981 241334 / 07964 370480 or use the contact us page on the website.
a family run business
Your Satisfaction is Our Priority